Saturday, May 18, 2013

Public Speaking - Online?


I logged into my Public Speaking class for the first time today.  It's a completely online class and everyone has been asking me "How does speech work as an online class?"

OK Everyone, here's your answer:

I get to record each of my speeches with a web cam, thankfully my phone has this feature. Then I upload each recorded speech to YouTube for the instructor and my classmates to view.  I have to admit, I am not excited about this.  I've considered recording myself before, possibly adding a video element to this blog, but I've never gone through with it because I'm not fond of the way I look and sound in recordings.


You can't see my face in this video, but you can hear my voice.  Apparently when I'm trying to soothe small animals, I turn into a mom from Minnesota (Don't cha' know).

Aside from looking/sounding ridiculous on camera, I think the class shouldn't be too difficult.  I've uploaded videos to YouTube before, though they are usually short clips of my kitties, like the one above, and I suppose if I am recording myself, I get unlimited tries at each speech, which is nice.

Along with my Public Speaking class, I am taking my next Library class, Algebra, and Introduction to Psychology.  Here's to a productive Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment