Sunday, June 2, 2013

Made With Love Means I Licked the Spoon and Kept Using It





I finally got around to making a GIF of the cake making process.  Featured below is the cake I made for my mom's birthday.  She requested red velvet.  Oh, and I didn't really lick the spoon.


Now normally I would not use a box mix, or canned frosting, but I was rather pressed for time and energy this week, so Duncan Hines had to substitute for my usual from scratch butter cream icing and fondant decorations.  It tasted pretty good, though I feel I could have done a better job with the decorating.  More than usual, I missed having my best friend, and assistant chef around.  She left last fall to go to college on the other side of the state.  I assure you, her icing skills are far superior to mine.

Someday, when I have more time and energy, I will make another GIF, or maybe even a video, showing how I make and decorate with rolled fondant.  It's much more complicated, but the results are often stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment