Friday, August 23, 2013

Ahead of The Game

One of the books in the challenge is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.  I was going to read Contact by Carl Sagan next, but this inconspicuous little paperback novel seems like it would be a quick and easy way to knock another book of the 100 List.

I was right in a way, but also wrong.  Along with the books, I've also been seeing if I can find matching movie titles.  With that in mind I did a search for Ender's Game and as luck would have it there will be a movie coming out in November.  Yeah, I'm going to have to go see that one in the theater.

Now to the book.

The basic story is about Ender, a little boy who is taken at the age of six and trained to be mankind's greatest military leader ever, in a fight against the "Buggers" (aliens) that attacked Earth many years ago, and are expected to attack again.  Most of the book is describing Ender's training and his progress and thoughts regarding the training.  I'm going to save more details for after I see the film and make my book to film translation, but I will say that I suspected some of the twists in the plot, but the final ending was amazing and was very satisfying, but still left the story open for continuation (there are more books!).

This is going to be one of those titles that sticks with me for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment