Monday, July 1, 2013

Insomnia: The Inability to Sleep Until it's Time to Get Up!

I seriously considered not sharing this one, but I promised myself I would put up all of my speeches from my public speaking online class, no matter how much they make me cringe.



So here it is.  My third speech was suppose to be an informative speech.  Since I had written a paper on insomnia last fall for Expository writing, I went with that as the topic since it meant I wouldn't have to spend any time doing research, and I already had all my citations in the correct format.  Yay me!

This one is cringe-worthy however because of all the flubs, and my distinct lack of a good solid close.  It's something I struggle with, in both my speeches and my writing.  In fact if you've been reading my blog for any length of time you might notice that I often get to the end of a post and seem to have lost where I was going with it.

The next (and final) speech will be a persuasive speech.  My least favorite kind.  At this moment I have no idea what I should try and persuade everyone of.

The good news is that I am now half-way through the summer semester and in only four more weeks I get a three week break before the even longer, more grueling fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment