Sunday, June 2, 2013

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover


Alright, here it is, my first recorded speech.

I have to say it was an interesting process, and I've never recorded myself before.  Online personalities like Hannah Hart (My Drunk Kitchen) and Ray William Johnson (Equals Three) make it look really easy.  So easy, that I had considered starting my own vlog before to accompany this blog.

It was not as easy as they make it look.

Of course they have some advantages that I don't.  Better video equipment being the first thing that comes to mind.  I know they use video editing software, something that I have looked a bit into, but don't have experience with yet.  They have also done numerous videos.  I'm sure the more you record yourself, the easier it gets, just like anything else.  Lastly, and I think this was a big factor for me, they are recording what they want to record.  They aren't being guided by the requirements of an assignment. 

Now that I have completed one assignment and I know a bit more about the recording process, and how long it takes to upload a two minute video to YouTube, I think I'll do better on the next one.  I haven't looked to see what the topic of the speech is, but hopefully it will be something a bit easier than trying to come up with an object that I use to introduce myself.  Seriously, that took me almost a whole week of deep contemplation.

More videos to come in the near future.  Who knows; maybe once I get comfortable with the process, I'll even record something that isn't an assignment for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment