Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hey Baby... It's 3 A.M. I must be Lonely

Anyone who knows me, even a little, knows that I have a bit of a problem with insomnia.  Sometimes I just can't seem to get to sleep at night, however  I never seem to have an issue if I try to sleep during the day.  Unfortunately, most of my day... seems to happen during the day.

That brings us to the title of this post.  Every night/day when I end up still awake around 3:00 a.m. I can't help but think of this exact set of lyrics.  At least at first...

The problem is that by 3:00a.m. no one else is awake. All my friends are asleep, and my acquaintances on Facebook are usually asleep.  As per a previous post, we don't use Facebook to connect anyways, we use it to showcase our own lives in front of an audience.

So, at least a few nights a week I end up awake and alone at 3:00 a.m.

Around that time of night that random songs begin to pop into my head.  Tonight's song is courtesy of 'How I Met Your Mother' (Season 1, Episode 10, The Pineapple Indecent).

Granted this song has been stuck in my head for awhile now, but I had actually never heard it before watching that particular episode of HIMYM.  (thank you Netflix)

 In any event, it's another night where I find myself awake, alone, and bored.

When I'm alone and bored, I get nostalgic.

Oddly enough I get nostalgic about my teenage years.  This is odd because I hated my teenage years.

I was awkward and dorky as a teenager and I didn't have may friends.  Why I would ever be nostalgic for those days is beyond me.

Still...

I sit, and I think for awhile.  Maybe I recall a few good moments, worth remembering.  I watch a few episodes of my favorite T.V. shows.  Then 4:00 a.m. rolls around, and I finally get tired and go to bed. *

*Confession; once or twice I've been up to 5 or 6 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment