Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Ice Cream! Sort of...

The other day when I was grocery shopping, I came across this little gem as I was wandering through the freezer aisles.
That's right people...150 calories for the whole container.

I had heard of this product before, Amazon.com has recommended it to me whenever I buy Miracle Noodles*.  I considered buying it, but the shipping made it exorbitantly expensive.  So I was quite excited when I found it at our local Wal-Mart.

There were three flavor options at the store, verses the seven standard flavors listed on Arctic Zero's website.  I purchased two pints, the Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter.  The third option available was Vanilla Maple, and I'm really not a fan of maple flavoring.

Now I have a bit of a problem when it comes to ice cream, I REALLY like it.  I love how the pint cartons say four servings.  HA! Like anyone stops at a half a cup of ice cream.  So finding a low calorie ice cream option is pretty much a dream come true.

The Nutrition Info
I've had both pints now and here's my analysis:

It's OK...for something where the first ingredient is purified water.  If you're dieting and 'need' to eat ice cream it would be a good substitute.  It's also lactose intolerant friendly, and gluten free so it could be a good option for people with those food sensitivities.


The flavor is pleasant, but faint.  When I had the Chocolate Peanut Butter, I really couldn't taste any peanut butter.  The plain Chocolate held up better.  If they ever have the Strawberry there I will get it and update with a review, I have a feeling fruit flavors might be a bit more robust.  I did eat the whole pint in one sitting, and after my tummy was full and I felt refreshed, so I will probably buy them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment