Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Not Easy Taking My Problems One at a Time When They Refuse to Get in Line!

When I started my blog, I set a goal for myself of trying to do at least three posts a month.  Anyone who looks back at my Archives can see I haven't done so well with that lately.  I could make all kinds of excuses and lament over my work and school schedule, but the truth is that if I really put my mind to it, I could have met my goal.

So with that in mind, I'm going to try and just jump back in and write something (anything) to try and reach that three posts a month goal again.  Hopefully I'll be able to come up with clever and interesting topics, but if not, you'll get to read posts like this where I ramble on, or I might start sharing homework assignments again.  I'm in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Literature class this semester and one of the papers we are supposed to write can be either a research paper or an original short story.  I'm intrigued by the idea of the short story, but worried that my writing is too mechanical to pull it off successfully.

Oh, and another thing; as I was looking through my posts, I was reminded that I challenged myself to read the NPR's Top 100 Science-Fiction & Fantasy Book Challenge.  I'm still working on this, though I haven't had a chance to finish a book for pleasure since the last one I posted a review for (Contact).  I did however read Frankenstein for my class and I am nearly finished with Dracula (though it's not on the list!), so one more book and I will be at twenty-five total, and a quarter of the way through the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment